Scott’s Liquid Gold Wood Wash Concentrate was designed to be a non-toxic hardwood floor cleaner. We wanted it to be safe for the floors our kids and pets play on while thoroughly cleaning the beautiful wood in our home. However, after trials and testing we realized it is a fantastic (and safe) multi-purpose cleaner. It works well on not only wood and simulated wood but on tile, linoleum, porcelain, vinyl, chrome, brass, leather, misc. painted surfaces and fiberglass.
Wood Wash Concentrate comes in a 25 fl. oz. bottle.
Directions: Mix 1/4 cup of Wood Wash with 1 gallon of warm water! It’s best use is for larger surfaces as it is mixed with an entire gallon of water! There’s a lot of cleaning we can do with this. Following these directions you will get a little over 12 “cleanings” from the bottle.
Where does the “non-toxic” come from? Drum roll please…. Citric Acid aka grapefruit, oranges, and all citrus fruits. Citric Acid is the main ingredient for both Scott’s Liquid Gold Wood Wash Concentrate and Ready-to-Use spray. Non-toxic and biodegradable go hand in hand when it comes to Wood Wash, after cleaning – it is safe to dump the bucket in the yard.
Using Wood Wash on my leather couch is my new cleaning secret! Wood Wash is also perfect for cutting boards – this is a better choice than a bleach or potent disinfectant. It will clean and purify the cutting board without leaving behind the harmful chemicals for you to ingest.
No matter how and where you’re using Wood Wash it’s important to always follow the mixing directions! Additionally, Concentrate is not to be used as a refill for Ready-to-Use spray. This is because the two products have different formulas. Ready-to-Use is also a safe and non-toxic cleaner but it was not designed for floors and should not be combined with the Concentrate formula.